Creative Business Development Manager
About the role:
The ideal fit for this unique opportunity would be a candidate who is ambitious and keen to have genuine influence – helping to shape the growth of the business’ future.
It is a full time role, working closely with the Directors and cartoonists in developing and implementing business development, sales, marketing and project management strategies and efficiencies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for seeking out and developing new business with a consultative approach to selling.
They should be commercially astute and have excellent communication skills, with a proven record of developing and managing successful business development campaigns and strategies.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Generating leads and efficiently keeping in regular contact with existing key accounts, prospects, agents and distributors
- Organisation and attendance of trade shows, ensuring all marketing material and promotional opportunities are made and to maximise networking opportunities
- Oversee basic PR activities including communicating press releases, building and maintaining relationships with relevant influences and taste makers
- Assist in developing and negotiating licensing deals and identify other UK and international commercial collaborations
- Develop bespoke online marketing campaigns for various audiences, including social media and using the latest SEO and GA tools
- Maintain all relevant sales reports, creating weekly/monthly forecasts and target management v actual sales
- Delivering targets to ensure revenue expectations are met
- Project management across all revenue channels, working out requirements needed
- Driving projects and team delegation.
In addition to the above, we would expect the candidate to keep up-to-date with trends and news within the industry and be consistently ‘on it’, assist with product development and pricing, website content and interface, ensuring the Modern Toss voice is heard throughout
Key Skills /Requirements:
- Minimum 2/3 years experience within Business Development/New Business, Marketing, Sales or Account Management (face-to-face experience imperative; experience within the media, marketing and communications world preferred)
- Self starter who is target-driven and motivated. Must be comfortable in a results oriented environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (telephone, written and face-to-face)
- Excellent time management, an individual who thrives on working autonomously
- Ability to think strategically and manage projects and targets effectively
- Excellent understanding of relevant commercials for sales and working within profit margins
- Experience working in a creative environment and understanding of (and passion for) the industry
The ideal candidate will be determined, outgoing, positive, articulate and diplomatic. Willing to consider candidates that have the majority if not all of these attributes and skills if they can otherwise prove their suitability for the role
Start date: May 2018
Apply with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief covering letter and answers to the following questions:
- If you were a Modern Toss character, which one would you be?
- What is your favourite cartoon and why?
- What’s the next hot product for Modern Toss?
Deadline for applications: 27th April 2018.